Friday, May 20, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things: man flu

Everyone is well aware that man flu is one of the greatest medical afflictions known to man. The severity of the symptoms mark this illness as a dangerous scourge, and one with which I am now suffering.

A week has passed, and although today I have been out of bed for several hours, I have not yet fully recovered. When I finish this post I plan to return to a horizontal position under my doona, but I am making progress.

I didn't even leave the house for the first four days, during which time I had some lovely ladies providing assistance, demonstrating love through practical care.

My thanks today go out to my mum, my sister and my fiance, and as I am reminded of Paul's injunction to give thanks to God in all circumstances, I also express my gratitude to Him. I'm not thanking him for the man flu which kept me home from work, stuck in bed, and generally unproductive (a condition I detest) for a week, but I am alive, and I am not alone.

Photo sources:
http://www.magic1059.com.au/breakfast-show/matt-and-gracie/breakfast-podcasts/46685-a-berrie-new-strand-of-man-flu-gracie-s-valentines-day-story
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2796123/man-flu-isn-t-myth-men-sick-don-t-sex-hormones-boost-women-s-immune-systems.html

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on surviving man flu - as my husband often tells me when he is stricken with it - far worse than anything known to womanhood and the only known cure watching sport on TV being brought cups of tea!! Hopefully, next week you will be able to celebrate a return to the normality of life :)
    Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Your husband's remedy for man flu is tried and true. Yes, I hope to get back to normal - whatever normal is.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. My husband has many of the same problems I do (severe allergies, swollen feet/ankles, back problems), yet I keep just working while he visits doctor after doctor and lays on the couch like an invalid, watching TV. What's up with that? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men are hopeless with illness Lexa. Really most of act like big babies when we are sick.

      Delete
  3. Flus are horrible, but glad to hear you're beating it. Here's to running around again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the flu. I hope you've made your recovery and are back to normal busyness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for visiting Square Pegs and taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  5. Oh, man I can really relate since I had a bad case of the flu before. Sure, it was not enjoyable falling prey to man flu, but the love and constant care from my family made it bearable. Glad you are feeling better, and back on your feet. And here's to hoping we never go through the flu again!

    ReplyDelete