Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Z End

Appalling and cheap. Unworthy of me and the high standards I set for this blog. Yes and yes, and yet I have reached the end. This is my third year of blogging A to Z in April and it really has been quite a challenge. There are multiple demands on my time, and I have been staying up later than usual to manage. I haven't had a bed time read for a month because by the time I get to bed, I'm too tired to even open the book. The Hobbit has been waiting patiently on my bedside table, silently craving my attention.

The challenge pushes me and I love that. Deadlines work for me. I can drift into unproductive nonchalance quite easily, and I do have a propensity for procrastination. I would love to have a editor demanding I finish my WIP, because of all my readers who were dying to get their hands on my fifth novel, and because of all the money they, the publishers that is, would make. I reckon I would rise to that challenge, instead of finding other things to do because really, where is the urgency? I do not have a galaxy of eager readers salivating over the prospect of another literary gem from D.A.Cairns. (Incidentally I do write literary gems) No one expects anything from me, except me.

So I end this whingefest in the 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge, with a complaint against myself. I am indeed my own worst enemy. Fortunately, Jesus teaches us to love our enemies, and I can go with that quite happily.

A couple of questions to finish with: Do you do better working to deadlines, or setting your own pace? And secondly, who or what is your worst enemy?

Photo sources:
http://muls.org/2015/03/31/ill-later-said-law-student/
http://pha.purdue.edu/news/mu-deadlines-approaching-eps-and-hospitals

4 comments:

  1. Great. Then we're through. Thanks for many interesting posts.

    Deadlines work fine for me. I lake to have some pressure. And deadlines sometimes give me an excuse for working overtime, which I enjoy if I can spend that time doing science and research >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes CA, we made it. Congrats. My thanks to to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes CA, we made it. Congrats. My thanks to to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can help to improve and protect your overall oral health. Perfect Smile is composed of highly skilled professionals, with years of experience in the dental industry.Orthodontic-Adelaide

    ReplyDelete